Crossroads Campaigns is a progressive political consulting firm helping organizations and campaigns with development, field programs, online tools, and communications services. We strive to provide top-notch service and a high return on investment for our clients.
We are looking for a part-time, mid-level web and graphic designer to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate thrives in a creative setting using design software such as Adobe’s Creative Suite, but has skills in another area such as web development, multimedia production, communications, social media, etc. The designer will also work on projects intended for print, so knowledge of desktop publishing is preferred. This designer will have the opportunity to work directly with clients, helping to provide high quality products related to their goals. This position is given a large amount of creative freedom.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment (often under pressure), while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient (with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality), is crucial to this role. Strong communication skills and attention to detail are equally important.
Location: Downtown, Washington, DC or Remote
The Web and Graphic Designer will:
- Design website mockups to present to clients
- Make revisions to graphics and mockups incorporating client and staff feedback
- Generate web graphics for web pages, social media, online campaigns, marketing, etc.
- Create logos, color schemes, and other branding assets
- Design print literature for mailers, door hangers, newsletters, etc.
- Help develop and execute online advertising campaigns
- 4+ years experience using advanced graphics software such as Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Strong technical skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, or equivalent design suite
- Demonstrated ability with HTML/CSS, Content Management Systems, and/or web development
- A strong portfolio that displays creativity and technical ability
- Knowledge of website layout and usability
- Creativity with problem solving and work output
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and identify and work around obstacles
- Ability to work with our diverse and geographically-dispersed team and clients
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design
- Knowledge of and experience with politics and campaigns
- Past experience using NationBuilder, Expression Engine, Blue State Digital, WordPress or NGP CMSs.
- Additional skills in an outside area such as audio or video production, communications, or social media
- Schedule flexibility
- Some travel availability (10%)
- Additional languages such as Spanish
If interested, send résumé, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. No calls, please.