ASIA, Inc. strives to increase civic engagement turnout among New American communities across the State of Ohio. It is only through engaging in politics, by voting and speaking out, that our community can be represented. For this reason, ASIA is looking to bring on a Civic Engagement Coordinator as described below.
This staff member will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of Groups and help to design programs aimed at increasing voter participation and advancing API issues. The staff member will help to oversee the implementation of the organization’s plans and programming by collaborating with partner organizations internal and externally to ensure ASIA Inc.’s vision is executed. Additionally, the staff member will be expected to help draft campaign proposals and budgets.
- Design voter engagement programs and budgets for non-partisan civic engagement campaigns.
- Extensive use of VAN voter file to analyze data and effectively target voters.
- Oversee field programs of partner organizations, ensuring deliverables are met.
- Help to recruit and manage on-the-ground volunteers for a variety of projects.
- Consult both advocacy, and non-partisan organizations on recommended ways to execute field plans, to administer volunteer/staff trainings, to recruit to desired capacity and to manage staff within campaign structure.
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Thrives in a team-structured environment
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work on highly analytical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task projects and prioritize
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Can incorporate constructive criticism and be self-reflective
- High degree of professionalism in the workplace
- Minimum 2-3 years of campaign and/or organizing experience
- Extensive experience using VAN required
- Experience managing and training volunteers
- Experience overseeing and running a field program and staff
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Previous administrative work a plus
To apply, submit cover letter and resume email@example.com.